CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) plays a crucial role in the development and optimization of electric vehicles (EVs). It allows engineers to simulate and analyze various aspects of EV design, performance, and safety without the need for physical prototypes.
GloBAS Engineering is attending key EVIS – Electric Vehicles Innovation Summit, taking place 29th – 31st May in Abu-Dhabi, which is one of the leading events in MENA region for vehicle electrification discussions.
As a provider of computer-aided engineering services and solutions – GloBAS is happy to share some key areas where CAE is used in the development of electronic vehicles:
- Vehicle Dynamics: CAE is used to simulate the behavior of an EV under different driving conditions, including handling, stability, and ride comfort. It helps in optimizing suspension systems, tire characteristics, and overall vehicle dynamics to ensure a smooth and safe driving experience.
- Crash and Safety Analysis: CAE tools are used to simulate and analyze the crashworthiness and safety aspects of EVsin accordance with international standards. It includes modeling the vehicle structure, occupant behavior, and restraint systems to ensure compliance with safety regulations and enhance occupant protection.
- Aerodynamics and Energy Efficiency: CAE can simulate the airflow around the vehicle and optimize its shape to reduce drag and improve energy efficiency. This involves analyzing the vehicle’s exterior design, including the body, underbody, and components, to minimize air resistance and increase range.Internal aerodynamics allow performing optimization inside the car, taking into account the regional climate conditions.
- Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH): CAE is utilized to predict and reduce NVH levels in EVs by modeling and simulating the noise and vibration characteristics. It helps in optimizing structural design, acoustic insulation, and vibration damping to enhance passenger comfort.
- Battery Design and Optimization: CAE tools help in designing and optimising battery packs by simulating electrochemical behaviour, thermal management, and overall performance. This includes modeling cell behavior, predicting battery life, optimizing cooling systems, and ensuring safety.
By leveraging CAE, engineers can significantly reduce development time and costs, improve overall performance and safety, and enhance the user experience of electronic vehicles.
GloBAS Engineering performs calculations and optimisations related to electric vehicles.
We will be happy to share the knowledge, discuss your tasks and challenges, and help your company to achieve the ambitious targets as fast and effectively as possible. Do not hesitate to contact us for support and free consultation.
Or feel free to schedule a personal meeting or online technical discussion.